Even though I’ve had my blog for a good few months now, I still feel like quite a newbie to all this, perhaps documented by the fact that one of my nominations for this award ended up in my spam filter a while ago and I was none the wiser until today! (Must check spam more often.) In fact, I was lucky enough to receive two nominations for the Liebster Award, by The Picky Gourmet and Jenna’s Universal Advice so I would like to say a big thank you to both of you 🙂
I love it when people do posts like this as it’s a great way to discover other bloggers, and as I’m meant to be revising for university exams this sounded like the perfect procrastination to me! I also love to hear a bit more about the people that I follow because I’m just rather nosey. Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Here are my nominees (some are just people I have started following recently/not that new but hope you won’t mind!):
- Olga Alexandra
- Cars & Cooking
- Alifya Lifestyle
- Sunny Kitty
- Sophie Laetitia
- Katy’s Inspirations
- Becky’s Biscuit Bases
- The Part Time Vegetarian
- Erin’s Eats
- The Happiest Pixel
- What made you decide to start your blog? When I started my second year at uni I had to cook for myself so I thought it would be fun to build up an online recipe book (of sorts) on my blog, and I also enjoy writing and taking photos
- What’s the best vacation you ever took? Last summer I went travelling across France, Spain and Italy with my boyfriend which was really fun
- What movie could you watch over and over again? I am and always will be in love with The Sound of Music
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I’d love to visit New Zealand as I have family over there but flights are so expensive
- If you could be anyone for a day who would it be and why? I would be Emilia Clarke (from Game of Thrones), she seems like a lovely person and I bet she gets to do all sorts of fun things. I feel like I would suit that blonde wig too 😉
- What is your favourite song? My favourite song changes all the time but at the moment I’m loving Alt-J’s ‘Bloodflood pt. II’
- What is your favourite thing to talk about when blogging? Food!
- What is your favourite animal and why? I have a cat so I think I would have to say her, although I would LOVE to have a micro-pig as a pet as they’re so intelligent and cute
- What is your favourite thing to cook or bake? I love to bake brownies as they are so versatile – you can add chocolate/fruit/nuts and really experiment with them
- What is the best book you have read? I always seem to love the latest book I have read but I would say ‘The Help’ by Kathryn Stockett is up there with my faves
Here are my questions!
- If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s your favourite hobby (apart from blogging!)?
- Who is your motivation?
- What three items would you take on a desert island with you?
- If you had to move abroad, where would you choose to live?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- What will always cheer you up?
To my nominees: don’t feel at all obliged to respond if you don’t want to, but if you have time I’d love to hear your answers to my questions 🙂